Welcome! I’m so glad you’ve found this space. Juggling kids, marriage, and a home are tough. When you throw in a career and leadership responsibilities on top of all that, sometimes you just do what you have to in order to make it work. This blog is about making it work as a working mom, a wife, and a leader. If you’re interested in leadership strategies, education policy, parenting and home tips, thriving as a working mom and working woman, then this is your place!
I’m Amy. My husband, Keith, and I have two littles – David, age 6, and Avonlea, almost one, plus 2 cats and an old lady dog. I’m a school district leader and recently finished my EdD in school improvement and educational leadership. When I’m not working, I love to read, cook, and spend time with the family.
- Mount, A. L. (2018). Teacher experiences in the school improvement process (Order No. 10976014). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I; ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (2158949098). Retrieved from http://articles.westga.edu/login?url=https://articles.westga.edu:2074/docview/2158949098?accountid=15017
- Coming In Loud and Clear: Using Your Voice to Advocate for Education in 2017, ASCD Express
- Sketch Noting: A Small Move to Improve Professional Learning, ASCD Express
- Doing the Work of Historians: Authentic Questioning in Social Studies, ASCD Express
Latest posts by Amy Mount (see all)
- How to Pack Your Breastpump Bag for Success - February 27, 2019
- Finding the Motivation to Really, Actually Declutter - February 10, 2019
- A Rosey First Birthday Celebration - February 2, 2019